I know, I know! Back to the coffee pot. We were trying to make adjustments to the process and having trouble. The management (my wife) noticed the problems I was experiencing. Most noticeable were the backed up coffee and grinds overflowing onto the counter.
So, we were losing time, precious resources (beans), creating a mess and had nothing to show for it. Management said, enough!
The coffee pot was removed and we went in search of a replacement. We ended up with a high quality (and high initial expense) specialized single cup brewer. This works out really well since I am the only coffee drinker in the house.
I've gotta say, after the team metaphor with the last post, my team was really dismayed to hear that the coffee pot got swapped out! The moral of this post is therefore left as an exercise to the reader.