What can be done in VBA/VB6 and other environments is the following:
- Create a code module that will serve as your test fixture.
- Write individual methods to do your tests in this code module.
- Have a "master" method that calls all of the individual tests.
- The individual tests give you feed back ala debug.print with test name and"PASS" or "FAIL" also return a boolean to the master method.
- The master method can return FAIL if it picked up a false from any of the test methods that were called.
Now you can use the immediate/debug window to call your individual test methods or your master test method. I found this approach very helpful when working with a legacy Access 97 application.